Day 1: Marsa Alam to Aswan – Aswan Excursions
- Nile Holiday representative will pick you up from your hotel in Marsa alam. Start your Abu Simbel from Marsa alam overnight tour. Drive for almost 05:00 hours to Aswan. On arrival, check in at your hotel for 1 night, and then start your tour to visit Aswan granite quarry where the unfinished obelisk still on site. The unfinished obelisk offers unusual insights into ancient Egyptian stone working techniques.
- Proceed to visit Aswan high dam, an embankment dam built across the Nile river in Aswan to control floods, provide water for irrigation, and generate hydroelectricity. The High Dam constructed between 1960 and 1970, and has significant effect on the economy and culture of Egypt.
- Continue with a romantic motorboat trip to Philae temple Island in the reservoir of the Aswan old dam. The temple dedicated to goddess Isis as well this temple was dismantled and reconstructed on Agilika Island after Aswan High dam was constructed
- Enjoy lunch at a good quality local restaurant, and then, enjoy the peace and tranquility of the felucca ride on the Nile. Transfer to your Aswan hotel and overnight Meals: Lunch
Day 2: Abu Simbel tour – Transfer to Marsa Alam
- At 03:30 am, your Egyptologist tour guide will pick you up to visit Abu simple for almost 280 km (3 hours). On arrival, you will enjoy seeing the world renowned site where Ramses II (1290-1223 B.C.) ordered two sun temples carved from the limestone mountains at the southern frontier of pharaonic Egypt.
- The four colossal statues of Ramses in front of the main temple are spectacular examples of ancient Egyptian art. Carved out of a sandstone cliff on the west bank of the Nile. The temple dedicated to the sun gods Amon-Re and Re-Horakhte. Just to the north of the main temple is a smaller one, dedicated to Nefertari for the worship of the goddess Hathor and adorned with 10 metre statues of the king and queen. Both temples were moved in 1960 by the help of Egyptian government and UNESCO to avoid the rising water of the Nile after the building of the high dam (1960 – 1970).
- After finishing, you will be transferred by your private vehicle back to your hotel in Marsa Alam. End of your 2 Day trip from Marsa Alam, Abu Simbel from Marsa Alam overnight tour services
- Meals: Breakfast(Box), Lunch
REQUEST THIS TOUR email@example.com
2 Day trip from Marsa Alam, Abu Simbel from Marsa Alam overnight tour
| ||Single ||2 Persons ||3 Persons ||4 Persons ||5 Persons ||6 Persons |
|Prices || $ || $ || $ || $ || $ || $ |
Note: Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip, but you can pay in Euro or GBP.
Request this tour