Once you arrive in Egypt, there are different means of transport available to make your transits and trips comfortable. All you need is little information and you can save some money from these transits and spend it on things like food, shopping, or entertainment. Egypt has well developed transit systems. And we can study them in 2 groups:
Travelling by yourself or with Travel Company, it is very important to know your travel options. You can make your own transit plans with the help of Public transport in Egypt.
- • Flights: There is no. of domestic airports and flights that will make your transits in Egypt comfortable and fast. You can find airports in most major cities in Egypt. Others are few miles away from main destinations etc. below is a list of airports in Egypt:
- • In Cairo: Cairo International airport, apart from this 3 military airports are available.
- • In Luxor: Luxor International Airport
- • In Abu Simbel: Abu Simbel Airport
- • In Alexandria: Alexandria International Airport, Borg El Arab Airport
- • In Aswan: Aswan International Airport
- • In Giza: Sphinx International Airport
- • In Hurghada: Hurghada International Airport
- • In Marsa Alam: Marsa Alam International Airport
- • In Sharm El Sheikh: Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Apart from these, airports like, Abu Rudeis Airport, Almaza Air Base, Assiut Airport, Dakhla Oasis Airport, El Arish International Airport, Al Alamain International Airport, El Gouna Airport, El Gora Airport, El Kharga Airport, El Tor Airport Marsa Matruh Airport, Port Said Airport, Ras Shokeir New Airport, Sharq El Owainat Airport, Sohag International Airport, St. Catherine International Airport, and Taba International Airport are few domestic and international airports available in Egypt.
- • Ferries: Ferry travel in Egypt facilitates transits between resort towns of Red Sea coast. Based on your schedule you can plan your transit by using timetables that lists frequent trips in every few hours a week.
- • Cruise Boats: Using Nile River, cruise boats will enable your Egypt exploration further, no need to bother with town to town etc.
- • Taxis: These are very inexpensive and efficient, but you have to bargain and be careful getting into any taxi. Most tourists prefer Uber and Careem services which are reliable sources of taxi services. The roads are tricky and better left at hands of local drivers.
- • Trains: Egypt Railways is most advanced and widely used network by locals and tourist travelling by themselves and is the best sightseeing transit. All you need is timetable and schedules and you are good to go.
- • Metro: Metro system or tram is a popular means of transport in Cairo. But you need to have a local guide with you for the experience.
- • Buses: This is the most tiresome means of transit in Egypt but is widely spread. Several buses are available but with security check points flat tyres etc. it is hard to find it reliable and efficient.
Tourism Adventure Transports:
This is the most fun part of Egypt transportation. Observe the beauty of Egypt and indulge in Egypt sightseeing in fabulous ways that will mark your trip and heighten the holiday spirit. Such as:
- • Hot Air Balloon
- • Horse Carriage
- • Camels
- • Quad Bikes
- • Felucca
- • Cruise Boats
- • Cycle
If you have booked through a travel company, let them give you options and choose the one that suits your budget and dreams of Egypt holiday to the t. NILE HOLIDAY knows that to explore the colour and magic of Egypt these transits play major role. Explore and Feel the magnificent Egypt and travel back in time to unlock the treasures in every nook and corner…