Egypt Travel Tips – Getting Acquainted
Let’s get you acquainted with Egypt for the most memorable holiday you can ever imagine.
- • Official Name: Arab Republic of Egypt
- • Capital: Cairo
- • President: Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
- • Prime Minister: Sherif Ismail
- • Governorates: 27
- • Rural and Urban Areas: 371
- • Main language: Arabic
- • Main religions: Islam, Christianity
- • Currency: Egyptian Pound
- • World Heritage Sites: 7 properties
- • On Tentative List: 33 properties listed
Government and Environment:
As is the norm, President of Egypt is the head of the state. Whereas, the Prime Minister of Egypt is the head of the Government. Together, a balance is maintained. The National Committee for Environment comes under Prime Minister’s key agency that deals with environmental responsibilities. Due to lack of enough arable lands, population and pollution, Egypt’s wildlife has suffered and is now the main focus of Government. Being a desert country, the environment plays a significant role in the tourism world. With Nile River literally saving the life of Egypt, Gift of Nile is an apt name of Egypt.
Egypt Travel Requirements:
Like every foreign travel, Egypt also needs some basic preparation and information update.
- ⇒ PASSPORT AND VISA AUTHORISATION: The first thing that needs to be up-to-date is passport identification and authorisation to visit Egypt legally. No need to tell why. For detailed Egypt travel requirements, see Passports and Visas.
- ⇒ CULTURAL CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS: The next requirement is to know about the unique culture and traditions observed in Egypt, so as not to offend while enjoying the sentiments of our host. To gain insight on Egypt cultural system, see Culture and Customs.
- ⇒ FOOD AND CULINARY DETAILS: Most times, food in a foreign land becomes a high expense issue. So see Egypt’s Eating and Drinking to save a lot.
- ⇒ SPECIAL OCASSIONS AND CELEBRATIONS: Missing a wonderful time or getting there and being surprised may not be something you wish for. For Egypt’s occasion details, see Festivals and Events in Egypt.
- ⇒ TRANSPORT SYSTEMS: This is a very useful and important requirement when you travel. Knowing your transport options will enable you to enjoy the trip without unnecessary hassle. See, Egypt Transportation for more details.
- ⇒ HOLIDAYS OBSERVATIONS: Every nation has different national holidays that if not known will hamper your holiday plan in a major way. So, see Egypt: Calendars and Holidays and plan accordingly.
The Egypt Traveller’s Survival Kit:
A holiday in Egypt is something that words can’t do justice. But with every foreign travel, there are some precautions and measures you need to be aware of. For any Egypt travel, you will need ammunition of knowledge like,
- • Entry requirements
- • Local laws and customs
- • Egyptian Money
- • Safety and security
- • What to Wear
- • Egyptian Weather
- • Health And Safety
Get aptly suited and enjoy the dream destination to your heart’s content. With NILE HOLIDAY, discover the Egypt’s magic and redefine your holidays…