- Nile Holiday tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo. And accompany you to visit Alexandria, the second largest city in Egypt, founded by Alexander the great in 332 B.C.
- On arrival, start to visit the catacombs of Kom El-Shuqqafa. It is a necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD. The catacombs merges aspects of the Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features. You will also proceed to visit the Pompey’s pillar, one of the largest monolithic columns ever erected, it is a single piece of Aswan red granite.
- And then, move to visit the Roman amphitheater, a well preserved marble theater that once seated 800 spectators. Once, it was surrounded by the Roman baths, villas with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring, and a pleasure garden.
- And then, continue to visit Alexandria library, the new library building was designed by the Norwegian house. It is a striking piece of modern design that stands in contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt. Moreover, you will have free time to enter the library though local guide will show you the library inside.
- Finally, you will explore the 15th century defensive fortress of Qaitbay. It is located on the Mediterranean sea coast, and built on the site of the ancient Pharos lighthouse. Then, transfer back to your hotel in Cairo
- Meals: Lunch
- REQUEST THIS TOUR
Alexandria Day Trip from Cairo, Day Tours from cairo to alexandria by Car
Note: Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip, but you can pay in Euro or GBP.
Request this tour